Registration Policy Changes
Recent developments led to revisions, rescissions
The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) has recently ceased delivery of the MCCQE2 examination and is now granting the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC) to physicians who have passed the MCCQE1 along with certain other criteria.
With this development, two existing Registration policies were no longer required and references to the MCCQE2 in existing Registration Policies and Directives needed to be updated.
The following policies have been revised, without any substantive changes:
- Restricted Certificate of Registration for Exam Eligible Candidates
- Recognition of Certification Without Examination Issued by CFPC
The following directives have been revised, without any substantive changes:
- Approval of the Imposition of Terms, Conditions and Limitations Proposed by the Registrar for Residents Working Additional Hours for Pay
- Approval of the Imposition of Terms, Conditions and Limitations Proposed by the Registrar for Camp Doctors
The following policies were rescinded as the new LMCC Policy made them redundant:
- Requirement for the Successful Completion of the MCCQE2 – Pandemic Exemption
- Alternative to the MCCQE2 Examination
The following was approved to enable staff to register applicants who satisfy the Directive without referral to the Registration Committee:
- Specific Direction to the Registrar from the Registration Committee – Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AN LMCC DESIGNATION, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY FOR IT NOW.