Notice of Council Election
It’s that time again — Council Elections!
Each year, approximately one-third of CPSO Council positions are scheduled for nomination and election.
This year, Council Elections will be held in the following Districts:
District 1: 1 position
Counties of Essex, Kent, and Lambton
District 2: 1 position
Counties of Elgin, Huron, Middlesex, Oxford, and Perth
District 3: 1 position
Counties of Bruce, Dufferin, Grey, Wellington, and the Regional Municipality of Waterloo
District 4: 2 positions
County of Brant and the Regional Municipalities of Haldimand-Norfolk, Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth and Niagara
In addition to your passion for making a positive difference in how the medical profession is regulated, we are looking for individuals who:
- Exhibit a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to help shape the future of medical regulation;
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a solid understanding of the health care system;
- Are committed to acting solely in the best interest of the public
More details about the skills and competencies sought in prospective Council members can be found on the CPSO website.
Key Election Dates:
- March 11, 2022 — Notice of Election and Call for Nominations
- April 22, 2022 — Nomination Deadline
- May 31, 2022 — Voting Begins
- June 21, 2022 — Election Day – polls close
If you have additional questions about running for Council after reviewing the above materials, a member of the Governance Office would be happy to speak with you. Send us an email at [email protected] and we can provide you with additional information.