Council Election — Districts 5 and 10
Run for Council elections and contribute to medical regulation
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Council Elections have been postponed to September 2020 to enable physicians to focus on responding to the immediate needs of the health system. Elected Council members will begin their appointment terms in December 2020.
2 positions in District 5, which includes:
- County of Simcoe
- District municipality of Muskoka
- Regional municipalities of Durham, Peel and York
4 positions in District 10, which includes:
- City of Toronto
Do you practise in Districts 5 or 10? If you are not practicing medicine and are still a member of the College, do you live in one of these districts? If so, consider putting your name forward for election to Council.
As a Council member, you would participate in:
- Decision-making about standards of practice and professional conduct, and competencies for entry-to-practice and ongoing practice.
- Strengthening the public trust in health care by sharing ideas and perspectives to help shape the strategic direction of the College.
- Helping the College deliver on its mandate of responsible, professional, ethical decision-making in the public interest.
- Carrying out the work of College committees.
The Ideal Candidate
You are committed to protecting and serving the College as it acts in the public interest.
- You are passionate about medicine and ensuring the standards of the profession are upheld.
- You have governance experience that can help to shape the future of medical regulation.
- You are looking to get involved in your profession in a meaningful way.
If these apply to you, then you should consider running in the upcoming election.
Members interested in becoming candidates must submit their nomination and conflict of interest forms no later than 4 p.m. on Tuesday August 11, 2020. The online election will take place from 7 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
To learn more about what Council is all about, visit the Council Elections webpage.