June 2023 Council at a Glance
The following are highlights of the June meeting of Council.
Addressing Physician Supply
CPSO continues to evaluate potential barriers to licensure and develop additional pathways to registration through policy.
Since going into effect on April 4th, the Pathways for US Physicians and Recognition of CFPC Certification without Examination policies, have allowed us to register:
- 151 New US Applicants
- 54 New CFPC Applicants
At June Council, several more policies were introduced to find ways to provide coverage to a strained system. These include:
- Waiving fees for resident “moonlighting” license.
- Providing a route to independent practice for internationally educated subspecialists.
- Providing a route to independent practice for internationally educated physicians within an academic setting who have practised in Ontario for a minimum of five years.
- Developing a policy to enable a practice ready assessment program in Ontario.
Quality Improvement Program
- Annual Target: 5,000
- Completed: 1,269
- In Progress: 5,229
Time from Referral to Completion of Discipline Process
- Target: 15 months
- Since January 2023: 12 months
- January 2018: 2,242
- March 2023: 1,053
Approval of consultation for draft regulatory amendments for Physician Assistant Oversight.
Final approval for revised Out-of-Hospital Premises Standards.